From Tavern to Schoolhouse: Mystery from the Blind Attic

2019-06-25T15:29:37-04:00November 7th, 2018|Tags: , , , , , , |

In 1972 the Society received a donation of a day book from a Mrs. Arthur Golding. There was no indication inside the book as to owner of the business or its location, so for cataloging purposes, staff at the time had titled it "1826-1830 Account Book for General Store in Poquonock." Such a vague yet intriguing title has led more recent staff to wonder about its origins.