In 1972 the Society received a donation of a day book from a Mrs. Arthur Golding. There was no indication inside the book as to owner of the business or its location, so for cataloging purposes, staff at the time had titled it "1826-1830 Account Book for General Store in Poquonock." Such a vague yet intriguing title has led more recent staff to wonder about its origins.
The Windsor High School yearbook has been called Tunxis since its inception in 1914. In the early years, the Tunxis yearbook was published twice yearly with a winter and spring/summer issue. The Society's library contains a nearly complete collection of Windsor High School yearbooks available for all to browse.
You may have driven by this lovely building at 853 Palisado Avenue. In 1896 when it was erected, Windsor was divided into 10 school districts. The northern end of Route 159, known as Hayden Station, was called School District No. 6 and had 55 students between the ages of 4 and 16 years old.