After considerable deliberation we’ve decided to close Windsor Historical Society’s museum and research library to the public (again) effective Dec. 9 through Jan. 3, to be reassessed at that time.
With help from many of you I think we have done an excellent job keeping the corona virus out of our facilities and away from guests, volunteers, and staff over the past months, however, there seems to be just too much of it out there now to be able to keep this up with any level of certainty. We’ve considered a number of options, but the benefits do not merit the potential risk to people that we care deeply about – that is each of you.
The museum will be closed but our dedicated staff will continue their work from both home and office as appropriate to their work and continued safety. We will continue to welcome your calls and emails!
You may still enjoy the Society’s historical programs and offerings through a number of engaging formats:
- Beginning with our entertaining Historic Drinks program this Friday, Dec. 11th, our programming for the winter and spring will be entirely virtual. We will have a range of offerings for you to look forward to in the winter and spring, so stay tuned!
- Our engaging daily Facebook and other social media posts will continue. If you don’t already follow us please add us to your favorites. You will find the postings and discussion to be fun and interesting!
- Our website will continue to offer new and in-depth resources and material, including an entirely new page on Windsor’s Black History coming later this month!
- Society members will also receive our printed newsletter later this month – full of interesting and timely historical articles and Society updates. Newsletter features will also be shared through our website.
- And, of course, while closed to walk-in business our Gift Shop is open for online shopping and will offer curbside pick-up this holiday season, so you can still share a piece of Windsor history with your loved ones for the holiday.
- So, please visit us at windsorhistoricalsociety.org, email us at email@example.com, or call (860) 688-3813 to stay in touch, do some shopping, or learn more about Windsor’s history!
Although we won’t see many of you in person for the next few weeks, we look forward to reopening and seeing you soon when it is safe to do so.
In the meantime we wish each of you a warm, safe and historic holiday season!
On behalf of our hardworking Board, volunteers, and staff,