In 2012, State Archaeologist Nick Bellantoni and the Friends of the Office of State Archaeology (FOSA) performed an archaeological survey inside the Strong-Howard House, focusing on Captain Howard’s store. It is a 9'x12' room that was added on to the original house around 1800.
In the spring of 2006 a team of architectural detectives studied the Strong House to produce a Historic Structure Report that documents the house's structural history.
In 1999, two architectural historians independently studied the construction methods and material of the home we’ve called the 1640 Lt. Walter Fyler House. Both surveys came to the same conclusion: there is no evidence to show that this is a 1640 house.
Here's an introduction to the residents of 96 Palisado Avenue in the year 1810: Captain Nathaniel Howard and his wife Ann, their daughter-in-law Nancy, granddaughter Annie, son George, and George's wife Sarah.