By Windsor Historical Society
In 1633, explorers from Plymouth Bay reported the Windsor area to be “a fine place both for plantation and trade,” and not long after, several groups of intrepid pilgrims established the first English settlement in Connecticut. The early settlers took advantage of the area’s fertile river floodplains, extensive forests, and swift river currents. Windsor has grown from a remote outpost at the confluence of the Farmington and Connecticut Rivers into a thriving agricultural, commercial, and suburban community.
Highlighting themes important to Windsor’s history, this compelling visual survey portrays the traditional landmarks of a New England village: the meetinghouse and common green, field and forest, ferry and mill. It also reveals the faces of past residents engaged in their everyday lives at work and at play, in trouble and in celebration.
Price includes $3 shipping and handling.