Record Your Own History
For almost all Americans, the current “social distancing” measures being undertaken have led to unprecedented changes in our day-to-day lives. While this can be a stressful time, it also gives us the chance to record our thoughts, feelings, and experiences regarding the current situation in order to help us reflect and create a record of what it was like to live through this period.
Try starting a daily diary, a journal, recording short videos, or even just writing notes to yourself about how your daily activities and long term plans have changed due to the current circumstances.
Try to focus on at least one of the following questions when recording your thoughts:
- How does it feel to be to attend classes over the internet?
- How are you filling your free time at home?
- Do you have any goals you want to achieve with your newfound free time?
- What feelings do you have about all of this?
- Are you happy to be able to have more time at home?
- Are you sad that you aren’t able to socialize more?
- Are you bored? Are you worried?
- What have you talked about with your family in regards to the current situation?
- What have you or your family found difficult about this time?
- How has the current situation changed your perception of what is important in your life?
- What plans do you have for the time after “social distancing” measures and recommendations are ended?
Back to Learning at Home