Windsor Historical Society is hiring!
Here’s a great job for someone who wants flexible hours and would like to join Windsor Historical Society’s team and help with the Society’s good work. A recently-retired Windsor resident who can troubleshoot facilities issues would be perfect!
DUTIES: The Facilities Coordinator manages Windsor Historical Society’s physical plant, monitoring and ensuring proper operation of the Society’s buildings and its grounds, and performing light maintenance duties and minor repairs. The Facilities Coordinator’s tasks will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Buildings and Grounds Management:
- Oversee maintenance of, and repairs and improvements to the Society’s interior HVAC, lighting, elevator, security systems. Perform basic buildings maintenance tasks (change batteries, light bulbs, filters, some painting and light repairs), solicit bids, schedule and coordinate the work of contractors when appropriate
- Oversee maintenance of and improvements to grounds, perform basic grounds maintenance (trim outside plantings, clean gutters), solicit bids, schedule and coordinate the work of contractors when appropriate
- Be on call as first responder for building alarms. This duty is occasional and there are others on the security list, but the need is 24/7.
- Keep a maintenance and repair log
- Keep an up-to-date equipment inventory
- Make recommendations for equipment purchases and get bids
- Solicit and oversee service contracts
- Public Programs and Exhibitions
- Set up room for public lectures, programs, and rentals
- Transport and set up displays and display tent at community events like Shad Derby and Northwest Park Fair
- Work with Curator on basic exhibition installation tasks
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of basic buildings maintenance and repairs. Ability to work independently and be proactive about buildings and grounds maintenance. Physically fit and able to lift and carry items up to 50 pounds, and work from a tall ladder. Competent with MS Office. Interest in local history and community service helpful.
Up to 10 hours per week, flexible schedule, $12-$15/hr.
To apply, contact Christine Ermenc at email@example.com or 860-688-3813 ext. 101.