On Saturday, October 19, 2019 from noon to 4 PM, grab friends and family and head to Windsor Historical Society for our Great Windsor History Hunt!
Pick up your book of clues at the Society, your passport to discovering a fascinating array of historic sites in Connecticut’s oldest town plus a little history along the way. Clues in hand, head out in your car to start looking. Once you have found each site, snap a picture of your group onsite with your cell phone.
When finished, return to the Society to have photos checked. If you found all the sites, you’ll be placed in a drawing for some neat prizes! Choose between:
- a four-pack of Hartford Yard Goats tickets
- family pool passes for summer of 2020 from Windsor’s recreation department
- two tickets for a so-scary-it’s-for-over-14-only Halloween fright house in South Windsor the evenings of October 19, 25, or 26
- a $ 150 gift certificate from Windsor Center’s newest and positively reviewed San Marino Restaurant
- a great basket of athletic gear and four tickets to a Hartford Soccer League game
- fabulous Halloween and art supplies gift baskets
Even if you didn’t find every site, come back to the Society to enjoy great refreshments from 3:30 to 4 p.m. when prizes will be awarded. We’ll provide all history hunters with a handout giving background on all the fascinating sites included in the hunt.
This rain or shine event is designed for all ages; families are encouraged to participate.
Here’s what one participant said about the event:
“The number of families was such a welcome sight! And seeing the kids so engaged was terrific. We were all helping each other and enjoying the search. In this climate of hate and divisiveness, the day was a welcome change and reinforced my belief in what America stands for. Thank you, and the others who helped, for creating an interesting look at some of Windsor’s history. (…) I had fun!”
$10 per carload, $5 per individual