Explore 375 years of Windsor’s evolving history in our Bridging Centuries, Bridging Cultures galleries: 17th century Native American culture and European settlement, 18th century farms, 19th century mills and industries, and the 20th century’s shade tobacco industry and suburban development.
Discover what life was like for Windsor families 200 years ago in our national-award-winning, hands-on Strong-Howard House, furnished with reproductions of the Howard family’s household furnishings. Sit at the dining table, lay in the bed, try out some hearth cooking tools. In Dr. Hezekiah Chaffee’s grand house, see fine antiques and furniture, and pay a visit to Dr. Chaffee’s office, which will make you glad you live in the 21st century!
- We can easily accommodate groups of 6 to 35 people at $5 per adult.
- Larger groups are accommodated with walking tours, library tours, lectures at $2 additional per person, or coordinated visits to other local museums.
- Tours can be scheduled Monday through Saturday.
- Tours last approximately 90 minutes.
- Our museum and library are fully accessible. Much of the Strong-Howard House is accessible and there is ample seating. The Chaffee House entrance has four steps and there are raised thresholds.
Call 860.688.3813 several weeks in advance to book your desired date or email us at email@example.com.
Come home to Windsor! We are happy to assist groups in organizing family and school reunions that include Windsor and the Windsor Historical Society. Take a tour, or rent our facilities. Windsor’s Chamber of Commerce (860.688.5165) can assist reunion planners with restaurant and lodging suggestions.
EDUCATION TOURS: Visit our School Field Trips section for more information.